Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Definitely Not an Afghan

I just finished a Tunisian project - one of my first.  While Tunisian is also called Afghan stitch, it's not really feasible for making afghans.  This is a jacket that I made in a blue-variegated cotton slub with rayon stripes and trim.  I'm quite happy with the end product, although it took almost 2 weeks to complete, which is substantially longer than my crocheted projects.  My biggest problem right now is finding a good way to display and photogragh my finished objects for both here and my Ravelry site.  As soon as I can do that, I will probably set up an Etsy site or start selling on eBay.

By the way, the pictures in the background are some paintings that I did several years ago.  I don't really paint any more, but they make a nice background until I find a better way to capture my crocheted work.

2 comments:

  1. I'm really impressed that this is one of your FIRST Tunisian projects. Thanks again for your hint on Rav tonight about that last stitch. I really appreciate it.

    Keri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to be of help. I'm surprised you found my blog. I haven't been able to connect to it from Ravelry, so I didn't think anyone was seeing it. I guess I'll have to post more often now. :)

    ReplyDelete